This experience takes place outside across our 15 acres of land, so please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear and waterproofs if necessary; SPF is also recommended.
We do ask that all children are accompanied by a fully paying adult, and they must be supervised at all times. Our alpacas love being around us all, but please ensure that all children remain respectful around them and do not make loud sounds or sudden movements. Additionally, please bear in mind that this is an hour of walking, so any children who partake in this will have to be able to do this. This experience is only for those aged 10+. For those aged under 10, we offer Meet & Greet experiences. Also, as the terrain is uneven in many places, this experience is unsuitable for those with vision impairments or mobility issues.
If you or a member of your group has severe additional needs (including autism/ADHD), we recommend booking a private Meet & Greet session, where you can enjoy your time with alpacas on a more personal basis.
Please note this experience must be pre-booked and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a fully paying adult.
Our walks start at 11:30am and 1pm. Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your walk, as we cannot wait for those who are late and will not turn around. Please ask for directions if you think you may get lost!
Terms & Conditions
- The minimum age for this activity is 10 years old.
- Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by a paying adult.
- All instructions given by the alpaca handlers must be followed at all times; this is for your safety and wellbeing, as well as that of the alpacas. Those who do not do as they are instructed, will be asked to leave.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- No dogs allowed.
- Not advised for pregnant women.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility due to the length of the walk and the uneven ground.
- Please call to find out more information about our Meet & Greet events, to accommodate people with limited mobility or wheelchair users and young children.
- At busy times we work on the basis of 1 alpaca between 2 people.
- 48 hours cancellation is required if you need to reschedule.
- No refunds will be given.
- Neither Kenward Place, nor The Kenward Trust, insure any participants for the activity. If participants wish to be covered by insurance for this activity, they should seek their own cover.
Please note, we advise pregnant women against contact with the animals.